Programme- Preparatory Visit
in Manises, Spain
from 12 to 15 December 2011
Sunday 11: Arrival of the participant
Monday 12: Manises
- 09.30 Meeting staff and headmistress after their conference possibility for a coffee in staff room
- 09.45 Guided Tour of School
- 10.15 Project Planning Session 1 with the Spanish team
- 11.00 Coffee break
- 11.40 Project Planning Session 2 with the Spanish team
- 13.30 to 15 Lunch at School with the Spanish team
- 15.00 Walk to the center of Manises Seeing main sights (town hall, main square)
- 17.00 Returning to the hotel
Tuesday13: Visit to Valencia
- 09:30 Departure by underground
- 10.00. Visit to the city centre: Lonja, Central Market, The “Miguelete”, Museums...
- 13.00 Lunch /Free Time
- 14.15 City tour with an English Guide (about 2hrs) Optional:Visit to the beach and port
- 17:00 Returning to the hotel
- 19:00 Dinner
- 09.30 – 11. 30 Project Planning Session with the Spanish team including a coffee break around 10.30
- 11.35 Visit to Art and Sciences City in Valencia
- 13:30 Lunch
- Afternoon: If necessary: Project Planning Session
- Other options: Excursion to the Albufera Park.
- 17:00 Returning to the hotel
- 19:00 Dinner at hotel
Diary of the Preparatory visit
the first day , monday 12th of december
Working at school, IES.J.Rodrigo Botet in Manises (Valencia)
We introduced Polish teachers, Agniezska and Kassia, to the manager team and also to students who probably will participate in the project next year.
The Spanish Team who would collaborate in the project met to the Polish teachers.
Nice to meet you!!!
After that, we met and discussed about the most important keys of the project: topics, aims, the best dates of exchanges in each country.
We had the lunch in a restaurant in Manises, of course Paella!!!.... but not too much.....
After that, a short tour by car in Manises to see some important streets and industrial areas and returned to the hotel to rest.
It was a very hard day!!!!
The second day, Tuesday 13th of december
Visiting natural and artistic places
We have been visiting places where we could go with students in the exchange and we have been planning details about it:
- The natural park of L'albufera: Our protect natural park. It was an extremily windy day!
- The Valencia's Port and beach: We went for a walk in the port seeing boats and the quiet mediterranean sea.
- The City of Arts and Sciences: Designed by Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava and started in July 1996, it is an impressive example of modern architecture.
And also .... we went shopping in department stores like "El Corte Ingles"
The third day, wednesday 14th of december
working at school to end the meeting
After a short tour by car to see some historical places in the old city in Valencia like Lonja, "Mercado Central", Cathedral, "Barrio del Carmen", we went to the school to end the meeting. We agreed about dates of each exchange and we discussed about details of differents ways to disseminate results of the project, por example by the web of the project and by the blog.
Some students in the school, are from Poland, from Ukraine and from Bielorrusia and they were speaking with the polish teachers in Russian!!!
After that, our Preparatory Visit ended: we hope to get the money to do the project and students can enjoy of all activities that we have planned!!
We hope to see you soon again, but in Gdansk!!!
It was a pleasure!!!